Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The art of packing lunches.

I have these memories of packed lunches from being in school.  Admittedly, the packed lunch phase only lasted about until middle school, and a few sporadic attempts in high school, but there's always that sense of going to school and having a packed lunch when I think of going to school.

While my school days are over (for now, at least. Here's hoping for good applications in the fall!), I am beginning a new job where the days are long, and my current finances don't allow for eating out every day.  I also don't want to risk all of the calories that come with eating out - I am trying my best to get into the whole eating well groove again, and cutting excess calories out of my life.

Tomorrow is my first 9:15-6:15 shift, with an hour for lunch, so I decided I would pack a lunch to go with my big ol' bottle of water that I bring to work, since the store is inside of a fort and it gets really hot sometimes.  I made a turkey sandwich on Arnold's Sandwich thins, with deli turkey, spinach leaves, a slice of pepperjack cheese, and some spicy brown mustard.  Combined with a handful of tortilla chips, a banana and an apple, it should be more than enough to get me through the day, given that I plan on eating a good breakfast before I go to work.

It's going to be a long day spent on my feet, but a good lunch makes the prospect a little brighter.

Lunch is just as important as breakfast,
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment